Alone

Tuesday, January 6, 2009


I don’t understand what happened
Everything seemed to be going fine
This morning I woke up happy
It only took a moment to realize

You were not mine anymore
You shook my world that’s for sure
You led me from my darkness
You healed my broken spirit
You made me want to change myself
Then you left me alone again

I sat there staring at your face
But when you looked I just turned away
Because I don’t know what to say
I’ll just hang my head and wonder

Why aren’t you mine anymore
You shook my world that’s for sure
You led me from my darkness
You healed my broken spirit
You made me want to change myself
Then you left me alone again

And I’ll sit here wondering and waiting
When hell freezes over and you realize
Maybe I was the one thing you needed
But I won’t wait around forever for you

You will be mine never more
You’d love me and leave me
But I’m worth more…maybe not

0 comments: